top of page
Facebook Image 2023.jpg
Anchor 1


City of Harrisville 2023 Municipal Election Information. Notice of election

We appreciate your interest and encourage your involvement in the municipal election process. The local government level is closest to home and therefore gives you direct influence on your elected officials.  If you have questions about the election or running for office that are not answered here, please contact the City Recorder’s office at (801) 728.4100 x 1027.  

Candidate Filings as of June 7, 2023

  1. Karen Taylor-Fawcett

  2. Grover Wilhelmsen

  3. Dan Gilboy

  4. Blair A. Christensen

  5. Michael Shinsel

Candidate Withdrawal

Candidate Michael Shinsel has withdrawn from the 2023 Municipal Election. His name will not appear on the ballot.

Important 2023 Dates:

  • Candidate filing dates - June 1 - 7 (Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) per Utah State Code sections 20A-9-203(3)(a)(i) and 10-3-301(3)(b)(i).

  • The cost to file is $25.00.

  • General Election Day - November 21, 2023

  • Informational packets for those interested in running for office will be available at the City Recorder's office in May, 2023.  

Key information about our Municipal Election:

  • Held in odd numbered years

  • Mayor and Council terms are for four years

  • Three Council seats will be open in 2023.

  • Declaration period is Monday - Friday, June 1-7 (per Utah Code - see links with more information above).  Packets with candidate information will be available for pickup in May at the City Recorder's office at City Hall, 363 W Independence Blvd., Harrisville, UT 84404.

  • The General Election will be held by mail in November 2023. 

  • The election is non-partisan (a candidate is not nominated by a party).

  • Candidates are at-large: elected by all voters in Harrisville City, not just one district or precinct.

Are you interested in being a City Council Candidate? 

Learn more:

VISIT WEBER ELECTIONS: Register to Vote - Learn about Candidates - Track your Ballot (BallotTrax) - Vote by Mail - Dates & Deadlines - Find Polling Locations - Early Voting Information - Election Day Voting.


look for the Gov  (1).png
bottom of page